Saturday 14 September 2013

First week of Study China


So today is day 3 and also Chinese valentines day and therefore another reason to go out. But before the fun begins we had a tour of Hangzhou that I conveniently overslept for and so instead spent the morning wandering the streets to see if i could find any hidden gems. I also took this opportunity to go for a run on the track which was completely empty in the morning. As I soon found out for good reason, I managed about 4km before almost drowning in my own sweat. Turns out 40°C is a little hotter than I was used to.

This afternoon we had our first Chinese Business Culture class which turned out to be a lot more just Chinese culture and our teachers life stories which all in all were fairly interesting. 
 
After
Before


So after a quick bite to eat, we were on our way out. A pre drinks session turned very quickly into just a lot of people sweating in a lobby and so soon after starting we went out to a wine bar the Vineyard. The bar quickly emptied after our rowdy group arrived perhaps ruining what was perhaps a romantic evening for some Chinese couples. Shots, cocktails and way too much beer led us back to the familiar entrance to Coco Banana club, to which we were quickly becoming well known customers so it seemed as our orders were already known by the staff after only 2 previous visits.

Wednesday became my day of rest. With a day of Mandarin lessons that I only just managed to stay awake for, my football session in the afternoon finished me off. An early night was ideal considering my 7 am start on Thursday for Tai-ji and Kungfu lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment